Recipe: Low Carb Brownies
TIP: Cut into small treat size pieces and freeze individually in foil.
- 100g (4oz) butter
- 100g (4oz) cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 90g (3oz) low carb chocolate protein powder
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered xylitol
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup stevia (powdered)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat the over to 180°C (350°F) and line tin with baking paper (using oil spray or butter to stick).
2. In a mixing bowl or mix master, add the butter, cream and half the xylitol until a fluffy consistency is achieved.
3. Add the vanilla and the eggs in one at a time while you continue to beat the mix.
4. Slowly add the salt, baking powder, remaining xylitol, stevia, almond meal, protein powder and cocoa until well combined, adding water as the mix becomes thick to keep it moving. Add small parts of each ingredient at a time.
5. Pour into your pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Allow mix to completely cool before consuming, and then cut into 12 even squares/rectangles.
This recipe serves 12.