From the folks at PN:
“The most successful people in every endeavor tend to actively seek mentorship and support.”
People who have access to experienced mentors and are surrounded by driven peers – and who actively take advantage of those resources – are much more likely to reach their goals than those without either.There are a host of reasons why, including:
- Rapid dissemination of wisdom
- Role modeling (at first, it’s easier to mimic than to learn)
- Social pressure
- Inclusion in something greater than oneself
- Exclusion of others / common enemy theory
- Validation and acceptance
- Constructive competition
In short, people with mentors and social support figure things out faster, make fewer mistakes, and are pushed to succeed by those around them. It’s a formula for success, especially in fitness and nutrition.
Ask yourself – is it time you secured some support in your fitness endeavours?